Look your best at any age…
It’s only natural that as we age, fine lines, wrinkles, age spots and sagging skin start to appear. Whether aging skin is caused by your genetic make-up or factors such as environment, sun damage or lifestyle, there are many options available that provide younger, fresher looking skin for all ages. Aging skin treatments are performed by Dr. Charles Lively for patients in Odessa, Permian Basin, Midland, Pecos, Andrews, Penwell, Notrees, Garden City, Monahans, Kermit Abilene, Sweetwater, Lubbock and throughout West Texas to help you look your best at any age.
Skin changes through the ages:
Ages 20 – 30: Although the skin is still smooth and supple, expression lines begin to appear on the forehead and around the eyes. Acne can develop even though absent in teenage years, and some scarring may occur from acne flare-ups.
Ages 30 – 40: “Crow’s feet” appear around the eyes, and forehead lines deepen. Frown lines (lines between the eyebrows), naso-labial folds (lines that run from the nose to the mouth), and lines at the corners of the mouth begin to appear. Brown spots, sun spots and other signs of sun damage begin to appear.
Ages 40 – 50: “Smokers” lines appear above the vermilion border (along the top of the lip) and “commas” at the corners of the mouth deepen and lengthen to the chin. The vermilion border itself loses definition. Expression lines deepen around the mouth, forehead, and brows. The neck and “jowls” begin to sag.
Ages 50 – 60: During these years you’ll begin to notice several changes, including the redistribution of facial fat and softening definition of the cheeks. Sun spots and brown spots worsen and increase. “Frown” lines and expression lines continue to deepen and the neck becomes pouchy and lined.
Which aging skin treatments do I need?
A variety of aging skin treatments are performed by our doctor for patients in our region. To determine the appropriate treatment, our doctor will first discuss your desired level of correction and then recommend the appropriate treatment.
Fine to moderate wrinkles, broken blood vessels, age spots, acne scars and mildly sagging skin respond well to many non-invasive procedures. For changes related to gravity and redistribution of facial fat, surgical procedures may be needed in addition to your ongoing non-invasive skin care treatments.
Wrinkle prevention treatments for aging skin
Botox is one of the most recognized wrinkle fighters. It actually prevents wrinkles from appearing by relaxing the underlying muscles so they don’t contract. Botox blocks impulses from the nerve to the tiny facial muscles that are related to expression lines. After treatment, the overlying skin remains smooth and unwrinkled while the untreated facial muscles contract in a normal fashion, allowing your normal facial expression to be unaffected.
Treatments for wrinkles, texture, and tightening in aging skin
- Microdermabrasion removes only the outermost layer of dead skin to reveal softer, smoother and fresher looking skin.
- Wrinkle reduction using soft tissue fillers can improve the appearance of facial wrinkles by injections under the skin that elevate wrinkles and give you a more youthful appearance.
- Tissue Tightening uses safe, infrared light to cause the collagen in the skin’s dermis to contract and tighten. Loose and sagging skin can be tightened, fine lines and wrinkles can be softened.
- IPL Photo Rejuvenation is a system that uses intense pulsed light to treat age spots and broken capillaries, and to improve the appearance of fine lines.
- Light Chemical Peels gently exfoliate, smooth and soften the skin while they gently remove the outer skin cell layer. Light chemical peels can renew your skin’s texture and improve its clarity.
- Fractional Lasers send light pulses into the dermis while leaving the epidermis intact, stimulating your body’s own collagen which gradually improves your skin’s appearance.
- Plasma Skin Regeneration transfers controlled thermal energy without any direct contact to improve skin tone and pigmentation and tighten your facial skin to improve your wrinkles and fine lines.
What is recovery like for my aging skin treatments?
After Dr. Lively performs your aging skin treatment, you may experience some redness and/or swelling at the treatment site. This can be covered with make-up and you can resume normal activities immediately.
Maintaining your results after your aging skin treatments
For optimum results, it’s important to follow up your skin care rejuvenation treatments with the appropriate home skin care regimen. Your regimen may include the best prescriptive and nonprescriptive products to help you reach your goal. Our staff is trained to help you select the correct skin care products based on your skin type, your desired level of improvement, your tolerance to ingredients and your lifestyle.
For more information, contact our office in Odessa today!